Cacao beans are used to make both the cocoa powder and cacao powder. Cacao powder contains more nutrients than the former but is more bitter. Cacao powder is an amazing substitute for cocoa powder. It is known to contain plenty of nutrients, flavonoids and antioxidants making it one of the healthiest foods to exist.
Benefits of Cacao Powder
- Being rich in polyphenols which are antioxidants, cacao powder provides amazing health benefits ranging from combatting inflammation in the body, to improving cardiovascular health, blood cholesterol levels and keeping the blood sugar in check.
- Polyphenols also help improve the blood supply to the brain and hence have a protective affect from certain neurodegenerative diseases like Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s.
- Cacao powder is known to improve blood circulation therefore helps hypertensive people keeping their blood pressure under control. This in the long run protects the body from other diseases. Cacao lowers the blood pressure by increasing the levels of nitric oxide in the body. NO helps dilation of the vessels which results in reducing the blood pressure.
- Chocolate is known to be a great mood enhancer and it is to no surprise that cacao is the source of this amazing food.
- Flavonoids contained in the cacao have been shown in studies to lower the risk of type 2 diabetes.
- Cacao is a wonderful ingredient to aid weight loss. Many studies have demonstrated that regular use of cacao helps aid weight loss and lower BMI.
- A ton of antioxidants present in cacao protects against damage at a cellular level and so protects against cancer.
- Good for asthmatics: asthmatics can benefit a great deal from consuming cacao as it contains compounds like theophylline which are known to dilate the bronchioles helping in breathing.
- Cacao has incredible effects on the gastrointestinal tract improving diseases like Irritable bowel syndrome.
As mentioned previously, cacao is notorious for promoting good cardiovascular health and so helps in erectile dysfunction to a great extent. Flavonoids present in cacao powder help in this fruitful function. Erectile dysfunction is one of the most common disorder in men aged 40 plus. Men with ED have difficulty maintaining an erection long enough for the act of coitus to take place. It is one of the leading causes of low self-esteem and negative inter-personal relationships and therefore warrants early recognition and treatment. ED seems to originate because of a multitude of reasons. It can be everyday stress or anxiety to severe diseases like multiple sclerosis, heart failure and much more. ED can be successfully treated by oral pills belonging to a class of phosphodiesterase-5 inhibitors. These agents increase the levels of nitric oxide in the body and therefore augment penile arterial dilation helping the penis to attain an erect state. These compounds, namely sildenafil (commonly used as Viagra 150mg), tadalafil, vardenafil, etc are widely used for ED. You can buy these authentic medications online. Click here: to buy at the best rates in Australia.
Add It To Your Dishes!
Coming with a variety of health benefits, cacao is also an easy ingredient to incorporate in different cuisines and delicacies worldwide. There are many ways to add cacao powder to your diet.
- Cacao powder mixed with plain yoghurt or Greek yoghurt can serve as a delicious snack.
- Cacao powder can be added to smoothies to uplift the flavor.
- You can also use it in your overnight oats for a healthy breakfast.
- Incorporating cacao powder in brownies, pudding and custards can also enhance these dishes.
Using cacao powder not only provides valuable health benefits but it also can be used in a wide variety of foods to enhance flavors.