Family Kingdom Amusement Park is a seaside theme park in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. Situated on Ocean Boulevard, in the heart of Myrtle Coastline, the theme park has greater than 38 flights for adults and youngsters of all ages, including excitement rides, family trips, kid flights, and go-karts. In 2008 TripAdvisor placed it at number five on its checklist of the leading ten amusement parks outside Orlando.
In company for greater than 40 years, the park has the 2,400 foot, figure Swamp Fox wood rollercoaster. It is among just 122 wooden roller coasters operating in The United States and Canada and rated number 10 on About.com’s listing of the top 10 most underrated roller coasters in North America.
In 2016, American Rollercoaster Fanatics noted the 50th wedding anniversary of the Swamp Fox by adding a historic pen. The Swamp Fox was also given a historic structure by the city in March 2017. Various other signature flights include O.D. Hopkins Log Flume, Great Pistolero Round-up, and also the Giant Wheel.
Family Kingdom’s “Giant Wheel” has round open gondolas that take cyclists to a height of greater than 100 feet, where they obtain a breathtaking sight of Myrtle Coastline and the Atlantic Ocean. For 19 years, up until 2011, it ruled as the highest possible Ferris wheel in the state.
Family Kingdom is just one of the few remaining free-admission parks in the U.S. There is no admission cost to go into the open park. Entry to the park is complimentary, yet if you wish to take a spin on any one of its flights, you’ll need to acquire tickets for every flight or buy a wristband. Private flight tickets set you back $1.15 (plus tax); flights may need multiple tickets. All-day limitless ride wristbands set you back $32.95 for adults and kids. On-site vehicle parking is offered for $9 per car. However, the park is generally open from late March to early October. Hours vary, so examine the park’s site or call ahead before checking out.
Trip tickets can be purchased individually. Wristbands that entitle patrons to ride throughout the day are readily available. The park offers cost-free entertainment such as clowns, illusionists, jugglers, stilt walkers, deal with painters, and balloon sculptors. Family Kingdom Theme park is located on both banks of historical Withers Swash. The swash is a factor where a natural stream meets the beach and the ocean, whereby tides flow. Much of the bordering area belonged to a 66,000-acre king, given to Robert Francis Withers in the early 1700s, that ran it as an indigo plantation ignoring the swash. Family Members Kingdom Theme park is approximately 13 acres.
Family Kingdom Theme park opened as Grand Hair Theme Park in 1966. In 1992, it was rechristened “Family Kingdom Theme Park” after being purchased by the Ammons family, proprietors of the spots Sea Haze Beachfront Resort. For more than half a century, the Ammons household has played a famous duty in the advancement of Myrtle Coastline, a country-wide known household holiday location. Country music celebrity Kenny Chesney shot part of his “Anything however Mine” video at Family members Kingdom in 2005.
The Pistolero Round-up, a laser target shooting “dark ride,” was the very first of its kind. It is produced by the American trip manufacturer Sally Firm. He made its international debut at the Family Kingdom. The park has a timeless carousel built-in 1930 by the Philadelphia Bobsled Firm, with horses cast from the producer’s original molds.
Experts Reviews Of Family Kingdom
Myrtle Coastline Amusement Park/Water Park
- Dominated by a large white wood roller coaster called the Swamp Fox, Family Kingdom theme park is fairly an experience, and also it’s right on the ocean. There are adventure flights, youngsters’ rides, a log flume, a go-kart track, an antique slide carousel, and the Slingshot Drop Zone, which rockets bikers right down a 110-foot tower. It’s a bit like most likely a state fair that runs all summer season long. Bring your swimsuit and go across the street for even more fun at Splashes Beachfront Water Park. Operating hrs can differ, so examine online before visiting, especially on Saturday when groups occasionally rent the parks. Money-saving bundled tickets, as well as multiday passes, are readily offered.
- We see every single time we remain in Myrtle Coastline! We Made the most of the family of 4 rates for a deal. ($115) Countless kid rides, although adequate grown-up trips that my grown-up “youngsters” had a ball! Excellent environment, I imply a park right at the shore; can’t be beaten! Parking is money paid and closed. ($10)– Which defeats various other pay great deals on the strip! I obtained a couple of memento cups for beverages and refills for only $1.50! Many “carny” design video games, yet some with assured “wins” for the kids! Go-cart track and Bungie design rides are different charges
- However, additionally much more reasonable than others discovered on the strip. (Also, huge amusement parks generally have different fees for these sorts of trips.) French fries were delicious, and so are the funnel cakes! ($7-8). The waffle cones with garnishes are great to cool off on a warm evening. ($3-4). An enjoyable practice, we make certain to continue!
- For the young and young at heart, Family Kingdom offers several of the most memorable and adrenalin-pumping experiences on the Grand Strand. Households and Groups normally enjoy it for our exceptional range of spirited and wholesome fun. Locals and visitors alike understand us as the best place in the area for having the moment of their lives. Come uncover the enjoyment of a Family member’s Kingdom.
- With more than 35 thrilling flights in the heart of Myrtle Beach, Family Kingdom is one extraordinary vacation experience. With its famous Swamp Fox wood roller coaster and abroad and the vibrant range of rides for kids, this is the most stunning domain name of fun, fantasy, and exhilaration at the beach. Come spend the day exploring acre after acre of the coolest amusements, games, and tasty deals conceivable. Or visit an area where the lights, seems, and aromas of continuous enjoyment develop unique minutes every evening of the week.
- If you enjoy amusement parks, this is constantly an enjoyable place. They have a good selection of flights as well as I value that they have stayed open past the completion of the summertime season for those people can be found in the autumn. It is pricey to acquire tickets, so you are pushed into a wristband. It takes around six flights to recover the cost. That, nevertheless, is simple. I like to support old amusement parks! If we don’t invest cash there, they will not last versus the competition. It was clean. I felt risk-free as well as the staff was friendly. Win! Win! Win!