Air pollution was considered a joke a few decades ago, but not we can see that it is becoming a serious problem, and it is not something that we can take lightly. Air pollution can cause mild to severe damage to our health, from little tightness in the chest to serious heart issues ( Cardiovascular issues ).
Harmful gases are all around us, and believe it or not, we are breathing them, and these gases are slowly eating us from inside. In this article, we have explained air pollution?; how does air quality affect our health? And the most important part THE SOLUTION; yes, we will also talk about the solution in this article, so make sure you read it till the end.
What is air pollution?
As the name goes, the air that is filled with not-so-human-friendly particles and pathogens is simply air pollution. Air quality is different outside and inside of your house.
Most air pollution is a mixture of many things, some of them are following.
- Harmful gases ( carbon monoxide, radon, nitrogen dioxide, etc.)
- Waste of animals
- Smoke ( cigarette smoke )
- Mold and mildew
- Pet hair and dander
How does air quality affect our health?
Bad air quality can cause damage to our health in so many ways that we cannot imagine. Short-term and long-term exposure can cause both temporary and permanent damages.
Short term effects
When you pass through an area where there is construction going on, most of us put our hand or a piece of cloth on our face because we know if the dirt goes in our nose, it might trigger some allergic reaction. Just like that, when you are breathing in bad air quality, you are putting your body in bad condition. Short term exposure to air pollution might do certain things like
- Respiratory infections
- Reduced lung function
- Trigger asthma
- Skin irritation
- Eye irritation
- Respiratory tract irritation
Long term effects
If you are living in an area where area quality is so bad that you cannot breathe outside properly, then it might do some long term and permanent damage to your health like
And many other no-so-good-sounding diseases.
Precautions are that you wear a mask when you go outside. There are many studies that show that wearing a mask does reduce your chances of you breathing dust and dangerous pathogens inside.
- Everyone talks about how dangerous these things are, but we are here to tell you the proper solutions. First of all, let’s be clear we cannot control outside air, but we can start to maintain the air inside our house by few steps.
- Avoid using gas power lawnmowers and other equipment as it does increase air pollution.
- Dumb the leaves but do not burn them that way. You will see a positive change in your life and air quality.
- Use an electric stove in your house instead of using a gas or wood one.
- Start using a HEPA air purifier according to airpurifiercity It can improve air quality inside your house and can reduce asbestos. According to our research, air purifiers do work and can improve air quality.
- Proper airflow in the house can also improve air quality, so try to keep the windows open.
- Try to use plants in your house, instead of going out to breathe in fresh and good air. You can have houseplants and make the inside of your house air fresh as it gets.
- If you have a carpet inside your house, make sure you clean that regularly as most of the dust and pet dander get stuck on the carpet.
- If you have pets make sure you clean them after a walk. Clean their feet, especially if you just visited a park
Some people just lay around and wait for something good to happen, and the only good that happens to them is nothing happens. As we have told you that bad air quality can damage your health, but we have also told you ways you can improve air quality, so make sure you follow them.
Stay healthy, stay safe